launch_shinystan is now an S3 generic with methods. This allows developers of packages that use shinystan to create their own
launch_shinystan methods instead of using a different function name or creating a naming conflict.
- Fix various issues resulting in errors for models fit using static HMC (thanks to Cole Monnahan).
burnin argument to
warmup instead. Only relevant for models not fit using Stan.
- Add NUTS energy diagnostic plots to Diagnose page
- Allowing passing
as.shinystan. This makes it possible to display sampler diagnositcs for HMC/NUTS even if not using Stan’s implementation of those algorithms (thanks to Cole Monnahan)
- Better compatibility with latest releases of ‘shinyjs’ and ‘DT’ packages
shinystan::launch_shinystan_demo() now works without first having to load the package with a call to
- Unless running on a server, the app now stops running when browser tab is closed
- Fix bug in
deploy_shinystan preventing some ShinyStan apps from being deployed
- Add optional argument
pars to the
as.shinystan method for stanfit objects, allowing a subset of parameters to be selected for inclusion in the resulting shinystan object.
drop_parameters function for removing parameters from a shinystan object (useful for very large objects when you only want to look at a subset of parameters).
- Add rstanarm to Suggests (in the DESCRIPTION file) so
rstanarm::pp_check can be called.
- Allow selecting
yrep from global environment for PPcheck
as.shinystan to S4 generic with methods
- Add rsconnect to
- Rename some of the slots in shinystan objects. The
update_sso function can be used to ensure that old shinystan objects have an internal structure compatible with this release.
- Improve line coverage of api tests
- Compatibility with recent ggplot2 update
- Select parameters via regular expressions in parameters plot (‘Estimate’ page)
- Fix error when selecting an entire parameter group in parameters plot (‘Estimate’ page)
- Fixes small bugs and typos
- Adds support for stanreg objects
- Moves ggplot2 from Depends to Imports
Version 2.0.0 (major update, initial CRAN release)
Version 2.0.0 has a new look, a new(ish) name, and a lot of new functionality. Many bugs have also been fixed (see GitHub issue tracker).
- The name of the R package is shinystan and the app/GUI is ShinyStan.
Deploy ShinyStan apps to shinyapps.io (RStudio’s ShinyApps service)
deploy_shinystan function lets you easily deploy ShinyStan apps to RStudio’s shinyapps.io for any of your models. Each of your apps (i.e. each of your models) will have a unique url.
Some of the new features in ShinyStan app
- Rebranding (new look to reflect changes to Stan logo and website)
- HMC/NUTS diagnostic plots (‘Diagnose’ page, ‘HMC/NUTS (plots)’ tab)
- Specify transformations (e.g. log, logit, sqrt, etc.) for density, histogram, bivariate, trivariate plots (on ‘Explore’ page) and HMC/NUTS diagnostics plots.
- Many plots can now also be saved as pdf
- Bivariate scatterplot plot also shows divergent transitions and max treedepth saturation (on ‘Explore’ page)
- More detailed glossary entries
- (Experimental) Introduce basic graphical posterior predictive checking (‘Diagnose’ page, ‘PPcheck’ tab) for limited class of models
- Option to show partial autocorrelations (‘Diagnose’ page, ‘Autocorrelation’ tab)
- Better customization of of posterior summary statistics table
- Many improvements to GUI design